Podcar/PRT concept arrived in Germany (again)
After the development of the Cabintaxi-Project in the 1970s in Hagen, Germany, under the consortium between Mannesmann Demag and MBB was stopped abruptly in late 1980, now, more than 30 years later, the idea and concept of modern and innovative Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) seems to be back in Germany.
With the key aspect on Strengthening the Investment the meanwhile 6th Podcar City Conference was held at Technical University Berlin on September 19-20, 2012. The programme on the main conference day covered topics such as:
- Urbanization, Regional City Centers and Sustainable Transportation
- Plans for Podcars in Built Environments
- New Sustainable Transport Solutions
- Plan for the future today
- Expand the Use of Podcars/PRT
- Strengthening the Investment of Podcars by Standards?
- Can Podcars strengthen the investments of the built environment, the existing railroads or airports?
We want to thank all participants of this great event, the attendees, the speakers, the exhibitors and the sponsors. Special thanks go to our honorable guest speaker Mr. Hans-Josef Fell, Member of the German Bundestag and Spokesperson on Energy Policy of the The Green Parliamentary Group, giving a lecture that the shift from nuclear and fossil fuels to 100% renewable energy is doable.
If you missed some conference topics or could not attend the conference, please find the presentations for download added to the program schedule, and check our videos on the podcarcity youtube channel.
The 7th Podcar City Conference next year is going to take place in Washington D.C., USA. Please follow the announcements on www.podcarcity.org